Welcome to the Windham
Parent Teacher Association!
The Windham Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is an active partner in the education of our students from Kindergarten through grade 12. The PTA is committed to assisting parents in supporting their children in school activities, and encouraging parents, teachers and community members to stay informed about issues in education in order to understand and support our schools. We know that children learn more and have more fulfilling lives when parents, school staff, students and the community work together.
The Windham PTA, through it's various activities and programs, strives to promote the National Standards For Parent/Family Involvment, which include:
1. Communicating: Communication between home and school is regular, two-way, and meaningful.
2. Parenting: Parenting skills are promoted and supported.
3. Student Learning: Parents play an integral role in assisting student learning.
4. Volunteering: Parents are welcome in the school and their support and assistance are sought.
5. School Decision Making and Advocacy: Parents are full partners in the decisions that affect children and families.
6. Collaborating with the Community: Community resources are used to strengthen schools, families and student learning.