The REAL School welcomes our new team of STEM-focused AmeriCorps members!
The REAL School on Mackworth Island will be offering bifurcated programming beginning in the 2015-2016 school year! We will be operating two separate school programs: an alternative school for students with and without disabilities who require personalized learning plans and supports in a loving, joyful, adventure-based alternative program ... And a self-contained, special education school - featuring a similar approach and philosophy, while offering specialized instruction and clinical mental health services throughout 100% of their school day. Both REAL School programs will serve students whose needs have not been met in traditional school programs, and whose strengths have yet to be reflected in their school performance.
WE PROMISE TO:
- Provide a small supportive learning community where students know that they are valued
- Explore new possibilities and practices to assist students in reaching their individual goals
- Honor and utilize the unique strengths that every student brings to our community
- Provide a variety of ways for students to access and demonstrate achievement of the Common Core curriculum standards
- Guide students in their development of post-secondary education and career goals and action plans.
- Support the social, emotional, and behavioral health of our students through mental health treatment plans that incorporate evidence-based and emerging best practices delivered by our adventurous and caring clinicians and counselors.
The REAL School recognizes that all learners have strengths. Our approach leverages these assets and interests as catalysts for positive change and growth across social, emotional, behavioral and academic goals. While programming to impact these goals is individualized, every individual is a precious and important part of our learning community. Students here are not merely receivers of services – they are active partners in the development and care of a school culture that supports all members. Our core values of Safety, Respect, Responsibility, and Kindness are directly taught and practiced, and consistently recognized and rewarded.
New Students and Sending Districts, please call 207-781-6207 / 207-671-8603, or email Martin Mackey
|Click here to donate to the REAL School's Service Learning Program and Teen Aspirations Program!|