Welcome to Windham Middle School - 2013-2014
Charlie Haddock, Principal
Mark Jaronczyk, Assistant Principal
Present Student Population: 580
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
(1) The major announcement for the upcoming week is that our “Talent Show” will occur on Friday, March 14th from 12 noon until 1:30PM in the High School Performing Arts Center. With the new security features and restrictions being put into effect this year, it was initially ruled that parents couldn’t attend.
This however has changed and parents may attend the “Talent Show”. There are restrictions and procedures that must be followed and those are outlined below:
- All parents and other family members attending the “Talent Show” in support of their child must register with my secretary, Linda Eastman ( firstname.lastname@example.org) , by Thursday, March 13th through email or by calling the school. We need to know in advance the names of every family member or friend of the family attending the assembly.
- No adults or family members of performers will be allowed to enter the High School and Auditorium if they haven’t registered in advance with Linda Eastman at the Middle School.
- Please call the school or email Linda Eastman to register your attendance for the “Talent Show”.
- All parents and other family members must enter and exit the High School through the canopy entrance on the day of the “Talent Show .
- An exact and binding timeframe for the entrance to the “Talent Show” will be forthcoming.
- Upon entering the high school to attend the “Talent Show” all will need to check-in and receive a pre-made identification tag. No one will be allowed to enter if they haven’t pre-registered with Mrs. Eastman.
I am glad we were able to arrange this plan and appreciate your patience as we work to follow its procedures. These procedures must be implemented when high school is in session while activities occurring in the auditorium during the evening or when school isn’t in session do not need the above procedures for attendance by middle school parents. Please know that this exception is being allowed for the middle school because our gymnasium is not equipped to house all the students in the school.
(2) On Tuesday evening from 7:00PM until 8:00PM, there will be an “All-Strings” concert. The Concert will be in the Performing Arts Center at the High School.
(3) This week is “Kindness Week” at WMS. Many activities are planned for students and staff. T-shirts will be on sale for $6.00 while wrist bands will be offered for $2.00. The activities in the upcoming week will lead toward our whole-school "Kindness Rally" on May 7th.
(4) On Friday, March 14th, there will be a Seventh and Eighth Grade SPANCE. The SPANCE will be at and sponsored by the High School. Proceeds will benefit the Senior Class. All middle school rules will apply to the SPANCE even though it is at the High School. Students should bring their ID’s. Cost is $5.00.
(5) On Friday, March 14th, there will be a Sixth Grade SPANCE at the Middle School from 5:00PM until 7:00PM. Cost is $5.00.
Thanks and Have a Great Week!
Windham Middle School’s
March 10 - 14, 2014
St. Patrick’s Day Dance
Friday March 14th
At Windham High School
7th and 8th grade only!
6-8pm at Windham High School in the Auxiliary Gym
$5.00 to enter (BRING ID)
The main gym will be open for sports during the dance
There will also be concessions with food and drinks.
YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE DANCE IF YOU ARE WEARING SHORTS.