Welcome to Windham Middle School
Drew Patin, Principal
Mark Jaronczyk, Assistant Principal
Regular office hours will be 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. The office phone number is 207-892-1820.
Learning reports will be emailed to you on Monday. If you have requested a printed copy, we will send that home with your child or mail it. When looking at learning reports, please note the following.
- A 2.5 and higher is what we consider to be "on pace" compared to peers.
- A 3 means a student has met the standard for that assessment, and it is challenging to get 3's on all assessments.
- The most recent assessment counts more towards the score for the listed performance indicator.
- Focus on areas of improvement for your child by looking at the most detail in Jump Rope to see assessment scores.
- Please make sure you look at Habits of Work scores for your child, these scores tell us about effort, preparation, organization, and other important skills.
- Scores are collected for the duration of the course. A course that is a year long will have an overall score at the end of the year. These reports are a snapshot in time, scores are not erased from one trimester to the next.
- Call me if any of this is confusing and I can help to explain.
Students who have an IGNITE reading class will have a new one on Monday.
Wednesday is conference day/night and students will be released at 10 a.m. due to the Early Release Day. Students will be treated to a group called AudioBody at the high school auditorium in the morning. It will be an awesome show, the talent is local and they deliver a great message about passion and pursuing dreams.
Our next Dance/Social is 3 - 5 p.m. on Friday December 16. I'm trying an earlier time so parents only have to pick up students at 5 p.m. I will provide supervision from 2 - 3 p.m. for any student needing to stay at school until the dance begins.
Have a great week!