Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports at The Primary School
The Primary School Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports team is composed of representatives from across our school community. We are working to ensure that all our students K-3 students benefit from the teaching and acknowledgment of appropriate behaviors across all school settings.
What's going on at our school now?- Games are taught daily on the playground. Activities help foster safe, respectful and responsible choices
- Defined areas on the playground for activities and games
- Utilizing our equipment shed while teaching appropriate use and care of equipment
- Finding and celebrating our "3-B Students" begiinning in October
- Soaring eagle ticket acknowledgments two weeks before school holiday weeks
- Messaging to all classrooms by administration about being safe at school.
-Physical education teachers teach how to be safe on playground equipment.
-Third grade students are choosing their class "3-B" design for this year.
What does PBIS look like at our school?
Nation Wide PBIS: www.pbis.org
Responsive Classroom: www.responsiveclassroom.org