WINDHAM PRIMARY SCHOOL LIBRARY NEWS
We ask students to:
- Have clean hands when reading books.
- Turn pages carefully.
- Use a plastic bag when taking a book home or returning it to school.
- Return books when due.
- Report any damage to a book so that it can be repaired.
- Find a safe place to keep their book at home.
- Use proper lighting when reading.
- Find a time to read everyday !
- Count daily reading time, if participating in the school's reading program.
Children are welcome to bring home a book from our school library. All students visit the library weekly and are allowed to check out one book each week, provided the previous book has been returned. Please help your child establish a routine for daily pleasure reading.
If a book is lost or damaged, a bill will be sent home requesting replacement cost. Students will not be allowed to bring another library book home until the lost or damaged one has been paid for; however, at the discretion of the classroom teacher, a student may be allowed to sign out a book and keep it at school.
We invite volunteers to help us in the library. If you are interested, please give us a call at 892-1840. Examples of volunteer duties include: putting books back on the shelves, straightening shelves, preparing bulletin board materials, looking for misplaced books, stamping new books, check-ins and outs, and other tasks as they arise.
We invite you to stop in and visit our school library !
Kim Allen (librarian)